Tuesday, January 1, 2013

SAZCB Book Club


Our next book club book Book club meets in about ten days and we chose OF MICE AND MEN by John Steinbeck. I’m not looking real forward to reading this book but might be surprised. I like some humor in my books and this one does not sound like it has much in it. I am probably the only one im my club who has not read it yet. I’ll let you know…

On February 9 we’ll talk about GABBY: A STORY OF COURAGE AND HOPE, by Gabby Giffords and Mark Kelley. I’m looking forward to reading it and hopefully will like it.


Mitzi


OF MICE AND MEN is a very short and tragic novel written by John Steinbeck in 1937 that is read in a little over three hours. It’s a tale of the far-reaching bonds of friendship between two itinerant ranch workers: George, the more levelheaded, and Lennie, more dependent. Their dream of owning a small farm is doomed by Lennie's unintentional overuse of his physical strength and George's honorable attempt to resolve the problem it causes. [Audible]

GABBY: A STORY OF COURAGE AND HOPE is read in 12 hours. Congresswoman Giffords and her husband, astronaut Kelly, describe their lives before and after the near-fatal shooting of Giffords in January 2011. They discuss their anguish over the other victims, Kelly's support during Giffords's recovery, and Giffords's determination to return to work.

No comments: