Thursday, July 4, 2013

Murder


I like mysteries but often they have some hefty blood and gore in them so I like to go back to something light hearted and a bit funny since when I am extra busy at work, books keep my mind off of the real busy things.

I just read THE HEIST by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg, which was released on Audible.com just a few days ago. As I write this, it's not out on BARD but Bookshare has it.

This is the first of a planned new series. She has just three more of the Stephanie Plum books to go so this is her newest series to go onward with after the Stephanie Plum books are done. I liked it a lot and think it is going to be a good series, which is fine with me. If you like Janet Evanovich I think you will like this one.

When you do not feel in the mood for blood and gore there are the Hannah Swensen mysteries from Joanne Fluke. These are whodunits with recipes. In the RED VELVET CUPCAKE MURDER, a red velvet cupcake is the murder weapon so, of course, we get the recipe for red velvet cupcakes. It is more of a light hearted book, not too funny but still a fun distraction. I never get blown away by her story telling but like them enough to keep reading the series. I do like some of the recipes that she does throughout the book.

Mitzi

No comments: