Saturday, January 1, 2011

Talking Books and BARD

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

 

The new digital Talking Books player is great. Not only is it far easier to get around in a recording, there's no keeping track of which cassette side is next. To top it all off with an inexpensive blank cartridge or even a USB thumb drive, you can get your books in just a few minutes download time from the National Library Service's BARD site. BARD stands for Braille and Audio Reading Download, and they're never out of stock.

 

For all those reasons I'm listening to books now more then ever. I was always so busy so did not read them that often but I'm really enjoying them now, even to the point of starting a book club with other members of our ACB chapter in Tucson. We even have our discussion books picked out nearly a year in advance!

 

I am adding the book club selection and if anyone is interested please give me call or email me and I will let you know how to get started.

Besides the club books, I am listening to Sue Grafton's Kinsey Millhone books. They start at "A"is for Alibi, then "B" Is for Burglar, and so on. "P" Is for Peril is next for me. These are really interesting with believable characters; if you have not listened to them try listening to the first one for just an hour or so. The series might be for you.

I am adding the book club selection and if anyone is interested please give me call and I will let you know how to get started.

Mitzi

No comments: