Sunday, April 1, 2012

The SAzCB Book Club for April 2012

At our meeting on April 14 we’ll be talking about THE SHELL SEEKERS, a 1987 romance novel by Rosamunde Pilcher. It was recommended to the group by April Martin and she will lead the discussion when she phones in from Michigan.

I was surprised that I liked it as much as I did. It did sound like it would
be a good book but I am not into real long books, and this one was longer than 24 hours with the audio by Yvonne Tessler.

It went right along quickly and the author and reader kept the interest up the whole time. I really enjoyed that it took place in England and was read with a mild British accent and I enjoyed the story and the odd descriptions of things in that slightly different language. I am very interested in knowing what everyone else thought about it.

As always, to sit in on a book club meeting without ever leaving home, even if you live in Michigan, write to me for the particulars at MitziTharin@gmail.com.

Mitzi

No comments: